February 15th – February 17th, 2018
Mesa Country Club presents the 36th Annual Pow Wow Invitational Golf Tournament for Members and their guests.
Tournament play will cover two days, February 16th & 17th, with the course available for a practice round on Thursday, February 15th with an 11:00am Shotgun start! Please contact the Golf Pro Shop to reserve a starting hole in the practice round. There will be a $20 cash Best Ball Wheel game in the practice round.
The Tournament fee of $500 per team includes Green Fees, Golf Carts, Range Balls, a grab and go breakfast on Friday at the terrace grill, and a full breakfast in the clubhouse on Saturday, Stag Dinner for Participants on Friday and a Saturday afternoon BBQ for Participants & Ladies. All participants will play the same tees (approx. 6,500 yards).
A mandatory cash buy-in of $200 per team will be collected on Thursday & Friday (before play) for a separate cash payout to the winners and “Sister Teams.”
All participants must have a current certified USGA handicap index. February 1st, 2018 handicap index will be used to determine competitive handicap. Players who have multiple memberships must use the lowest handicap index. All handicaps are subject to verification and/or adjustment by the Tournament Committee. Any Golf Professional playing must have a valid USGA index.
Entries will be limited to 60 teams, with a maximum player USGA handicap of 36. Prior year (2017) participants have entry priority until January 22, 2018. (No players under 21 years of age)
Schedule of Events
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 15TH
- 10:00am – Registration, Buy-In, & Tee Gift Distribution
- Pari-mutuel betting available.
- Lunch available for purchase.
- 11:00am – Practice Round (shotgun start)
- $20 Best Ball wheel game.
- 1st round hole assignments available.
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 16TH
- 7:30am – Grab and go breakfast at the Terrace Grill (until 9:00am)
- 8:00am – Registration prior to tee off
- Pari-mutuel betting available
- Putting Contest all day
- Completion of buy-in (prior to teeing off)
- $40 per team short game SKILLS CHALLENGE
- 9:00am – Round 1 – Shotgun Start (Best Ball)
- 12:00pm – Boxed Lunches
- 2:30pm – 24 low net teams from Round 1 qualify for the DERBY (One off # 10 tee, the other off # 1 tee)
- The last 2 teams standing from each Derby will play #18 for Win, Place, & Show
- 5:00pm – One Hour Hosted Cocktail Party
- 6:00pm – Stag Dinner (attire – casual)
- Selection of “Sister Team”
- 7:00pm – Casino Night (Craps & Black Jack)
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 17TH
- 8:00am – Full breakfast in Member’s Grill (until 10:00am)
- 10:00am – Round 2 – Shotgun Start (pairings by Round 1 score)
- Format is 2-man best ball ADDED TO Low 9-hole score of each partner
- 2:00pm – BBQ on #10 tee patio for participants & ladies
- 3:00pm – Skills Challenge Finals – #10 tee (top 5 teams from Friday’s contests)
- 4:00pm – Awards Presentation / Live Band
Formats & Prizes
A two-day 72-hole total score will be posted as follows:
- First Day: 2-man best ball (90% handicap)
- Second Day: 2-man best ball (90% of handicap) ADDED TO low 9-hole Score of each partner (90% of handicap)
The two-day total will determine the ultimate winners of the tournament for low net and low gross prizes.
Prizes awarded for:
- Two Day Team Total Gross
- Two Day Team Total Net
- Daily Team Total Gross
- Daily Team Total Net
- Daily Closest to the Pin Par 3’s
- Mesa Country Club extends a cordial welcome to all participants, ladies, and guests.
- Charge slips can be signed by Members of USGA affiliated clubs.
- Lockers are available upon request.
- Play will be governed by USGA rules except where local rules apply.
- Electric carts must be used for the entire tournament.
The signup period is now closed, and this event is full!